Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday

Even though I'm not working a paying job right now, there is still something magical about Fridays. I'm excited that we've got the weekend ahead of us to relax and do whatever we want--with a dose of chores thrown in, of course.

I'm still working on the bathroom painting project. I think I dislike this project because the room is about the size of a large walk in closet. It's cramped in there, and I don't enjoy being there. *sigh* I'm about to go down and put on a coat of primer and hopefully will get the wall color on this evening. Daughter is going over to her boyfriend's house, so I'll have some peace and quiet to do painting.

Thanks for the understanding about PITA guy and the textbooks. I ended up selling back three of them to the textbook company for the same amount that I'd suggested to PITA guy for ALL the books. You know, it would be a different story if this family didn't have the money to afford the books. If there were true financial need there, I'd gladly give the books to them. He was just being petty.

Did I mention that I'm making a Boobholder? I have several hanks of sari silk yarn and never have found a project for it. This project is working out well in the yarn. I'm almost to the point where I'll take all the stitches to waste yarn and see if the fit is right in the sleeves. I think I have enough yarn to continue increasing if necessary, so no worries there. This yarn doesn't really have a dye lot, and the dramatic colors are what makes it interesting. I'll try to get a photo later.

If you haven't made the Boobholder and are going to, please note that there is an error in row 14. It says to purl that row. Really, you should knit 5 on either end and purl the stitches in between to maintain the edging properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home