Thursday, June 19, 2008

This Week's Accomplishments

I've managed a few things this week, things that have been put off far too long!

Monday: You know that carpet tack strip thing that gets nailed around the edges of a room to hold down wall-to-wall carpeting? We have an abundance of it still needing to be removed. I managed to take it all up out of one of the bedrooms. Don't even get me started on why someone would choose to cover up beautiful hardwood floors with carpeting! I also got the strip out of the hall closet.

Tuesday: I continued eradication of the carpet strip in the master bedroom but still haven't finished that. There's furniture and junk to move and I haven't decided yet that I want to do that!

Tuesday was also the day that I vacuumed the upstairs (best way I know to remove dust and cat hair), mopped the kitchen, and re-arranged the furniture in the living room. I now have a cozy reading area far enough away from the television and noisy teenagers.

Wednesday: I painted the ceiling in daughter's bathroom and bought groceries! I also cleaned out the refrigerator in the kitchen (still need to clean the one in the sun room) and cleaned out the pantry. I even had time to try some yummy new recipes for dinner.

Thursday: This has been errand day. I returned books to the library--why on earth does the library not open until 10 AM?? I had to use the drop box instead of being able to go inside. I also went to Wal Mart (aka Hell) to pick up some caulk to use in daughter's bathroom renovation and returned a couple of items to Target.

This post would not be complete if I didn't stop and just bitch for a few minutes. At daughter's school, starting in middle school, we have to buy text books. A parent of a child a year younger than ours has called several times about buying our used books this year. (I swear, the guy is practically stalking me. If I don't return his calls immediately, seems like he's calling again.) Well, fine and good, but he keeps hemming and hawing about what he needs, the price, etc. I set a very reasonable price for the books (about 1/4 of what I paid for them) but he still wants to bicker. Sorry, dude, but I'm not giving these to you! This guy has succeeded in pissing me off now, so the books can sit on my shelf until they dry rot before he's getting them. Some people just seem to think the world owes them, and that pisses me off.

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

What the hell? You paid full price for them and they were used for 1 year. It's not like they're torn to shreds. The guy can suck it up and take the deal or buy 'em new. Screw him.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

People like that amaze me.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

He should've been thankful he didn't have to deal with a bookstore. Your rates are way better.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home