Monday, December 01, 2008

We Survived Turkey Day

We survived Turkey Day. It was just the three of us which is really what we prefer--nice, low key and no stupid family politics. Thankfully, almost all of the Thanksgiving food is gone. We're down to just some turkey salad now, I think.

We took in a Black Friday sale at the LYS, Sassy Knitter, on Friday and that was fun. I'm not yet in the mood for "real" Christmas shopping so no trips to the mall for me. I'll eventually venture out to buy some gift cards, but that's about it. As in years past, we'll order what we can. It's easier to get exactly what you want that way. This Christmas will be a no frills type Christmas--no going overboard on big, expensive gifts. I'm just looking forward to the time off more than anything.

I knit and felted a Christmas stocking for daughter's boyfriend this weekend. It only took a few hours using this pattern and some Patons Wool. I'll try to get a picture later. The stocking is currently drying. I did alter the pattern a bit (surprise) and made a longer foot. It doesn't look too stocking like as the pattern is written. My modification is much better, naturally! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

How are things going with the new job? Are you feeling settled yet? I can't wait to meet the sheep! I hope we NAers can get together for another SnB sometime soon. :)

PS I tagged you in my blog! http://gildedbottle.blogspot.com/2008/12/seven-things.html

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home