Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Double, Double Toil and Trouble

Yes, I had the old "cauldron" out last night doing a little dying. This is my first solo dye job, and it didn't turn out half bad. I dyed some pencil roving in magenta, apricot, and purple. The dye didn't go all the way through the ball of roving, so I'm going to have some nice touches of cream in the resulting yarn.

I am ashamed to say that I've not touched knitting needles in two days. I dutifully picked up the zip loc baggy containing my fluted banister sock and took it to daughter's orthodontic appointment yesterday and to her dentist appointment today. I think little sock enjoyed the outings even if it did have to sit in that old plastic bag both times. Maybe tonight...

Three more days until we leave for SAFF! I can hardly wait. I don't know what I want, and heaven knows I don't need a thing. I'm just excited. I think seeing all the pictures and bloggings of Maryland Sheep and Wool a few months ago and now all the talk about Rhinebeck just has me in a fiber festival frame of mind! If you want to read a wonderful story about a Rheinbeck adventure, you have to visit Amie's blog, RoseByAny. That girl knows how to tell a story!

I am planning to do some updating and improving around this blog within the next few weeks, hopefully before Thanksgiving. I'm going to add a list of sites that I read regularly as well as some links to my favorite vendors and other useful sites. If you read me regularly and would like me to add you to my list (including a handy dandy link back to your site) drop me a note!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Oh, there's nothing like a Fiber Festival. If you can come to any, come to Maryland - it's the largest in the world - but prepare for overwhelm...

I wanna go back!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Oh, there's nothing like a Fiber Festival. If you can come to any, come to Maryland - it's the largest in the world - but prepare for overwhelm...

I wanna go back!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home