Saturday, October 09, 2004

Girl Day!!

Daughter and I started the day wonderfully--there's nothing like waking up to a sweet hug, kiss and snuggle from your child. We made ourselves a hearty breakfast then set out for some shopping. Interestingly enough, I ended up with a $5 wallet from Wal Mart while she brough home bags of clearance rack finds from Cato and two new pair of shoes from Hamricks! We also found the perfect pink sweater and scarf to go with her poodle skirt. I ordered saddle oxfords from an e-bay seller last night, so all we need now is the crinoline. I'm glad I checked e-bay, because they had the exact same shoes (same brand and everything) for $28 on buy-it-now that the local 50s shop was selling for $49. Yes, I had to pay shipping, but even adding that in, I saved about $15 by ordering. Sometimes you can find a deal on e-bay.

While we were out shopping, I picked up some catnip to go in the little mouse that I made. The kitties should love that! If they cooperate, I'll post a picture of the high cats for you. Mocha, our boy kitty, especially goes wild for cat nip.

It was a great mail day today! I have a new toy--a Woolee Winder for my spinning wheel! Husband has one on his Lendrum, and I'm so impressed with it. The Woolee Winder winds the yarn onto the bobbin very evenly. You don't have to remember to stop and move the yarn onto the next hook, because this little contraption does it for you. It's kind of pricey, but since work had given me the $200 in Am Ex checks, it was sort of like having "found" money. I can't wait to give this thing a spin, literally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home