Thursday, January 20, 2005

Felted Slipper Progress

I'm almost done with the knitting part of my brother's felted slippers. I am about half done with the second slipper top and only put it down today because I didn't have time to add in the new yarn. I am hoping to finish the knitting and the sewing together tonight. I may even get to the felting, but I doubt it.

I've been trying to be more organized in my approach to meal times around here. I'm the primary cook in the house, and husband takes clean up detail. Usually, I'm scrambling wondering what to make, and that is stressful! For the past couple of weeks I've started making menus and grocery lists. With everything in the house to make a given meal, the food preparation has become almost easy! My stress level is definitely lower.

Tonight we had beef stroganoff made in the crock pot. It was so easy. I put about 3 pounds of beef chunks in the pot, covered that with a can of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, and cooked it on high for about 4 hours. Shortly before serving, I stirred in a cup of sour cream, and voila! It doesn't get much easier than that.

So...today was "Inauguration Day." What a waste of time and money, and I'd say that even if a Democrat were going into office. I guess the upside of this is that we are officially now in the countdown of the days Dubya is in office. Amie, one of these days I'll get around to stealing your countdown ticker! I avoided TV today, because I just cannot bear to look at the man or hear him speak. He is an embarassment to this country. Although I don't think boycotts are effective, I didn't spend one thin dime today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home