Monday, January 17, 2005

I Love Long Weekends

Husband and daughter both had today off, so I decided to take a vacation day myself so we could make this a long weekend. We of course headed for HHI!

On Saturday, we went to Savannah to visit Jennifer at Wild Fibre. The shop was, as always, bustling with happy customers. We enjoyed a nice visit with Jennier and her daughter in between rounds of customers. I simply could not resist the Blue Sky Alpaca yarn any longer, and I came home with three skeins of sport weight in a lucious black. I wish this picture could show you how exquisite this yarn is! It is soft as a cloud!

This yarn is destined to become the Dutch Lace Scarf by Harrisville Designs. The pattern is a simple lace pattern, gull wing lace. I think it will be fun and easy to work, particularly since I'm using this lucious yarn!

Check out this gorgeous Naturally Colourworks New Zealand wool! It's handpainted yarn and just wonderful! This will become a scarf for daughter. The yarn has such great character that I think it'll show to best advantage in a really simple pattern--maybe a plain garter or drop stitch.


Sunday was a great day. All three of us spent the day in pajamas! Now that's heaven! We knitted, watched movies, and just relaxed. I got both soles and most of one slipper top made for my brother's felted slippers. Husband is working on a reversible cable scarf that he's had on needles for a long time now. It is gorgeous!

We finally pried ourselves out of our chairs and into clothes so that we could enjoy a sunset beach walk. The ocean and sky were gorgeous! I wish I'd had the camera with me to try to capture the beautiful pink colors of the sea foam and sand. What a perfect way to end a day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

I haven't been to any of the yarn shops in Savannah. Thanks for the reviews.

If you get to Charleston, there is a nice LYS called Knit that's downtown and It's a Stitch that's in John's Island.

Vera
Vera's Crafty Blog
http://vhanna26.typepad.com

1:18 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Thanks for the review on "The Red Needle." *IcK* - I think I'll skip that one! It's a good thing you had Wild Fibre to soothe your senses afterward.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna, your yarns look scrumptious! And how nice for you to have a knitt'n in our jammie day!

Love,
Lissa

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home