Monday, January 10, 2005

Finished Object: Auntie's Shawl

YAY! I finished the shawl for husband's aunt last night. I didn't get to the end of the second ball of yarn, but I got to the end of my patience with the yarn and overly simplistic pattern. Enough was enough, so I bound off. The shawl is just right, too. It's a nice size, the color is pretty, and I think Auntie is going to love it.

What to knit next? Hmmm...I really DO NOT want to do socks right now or felted slippers for brother dear. I'm just not in a sock or slipper mood. I also do not want to knit anything acrylic. I am so sick of knitting acrylic. I'm kind of leaning towards a little felted purse for myself using some of the pencil roving I dyed and spun eons ago. I found the pattern here at Hello Yarn. I'm going to do mine without the skull if I end up making this. Skull and cross bones just aren't my style!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Donna! I don't remember Thunder Mountain from my various trips to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland in L.A., but little Henry was hooked! He's a daredevil personality. I so know what you mean about shawl patterns getting tedious! Auntie will definitely love it!

Patti

7:01 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hurrah that you finished the acrylic project. Part of your discontent is because you finally made something out of handspun. Handspun has even spoiled me for many commercial wool yarns. Your hat is lovely, as is the shawl.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home