Wednesday, January 12, 2005

No Sympathy for You!

A la Seinfeld's Soup Nazi: No sympathy for you! I'm sure we've all read the postings on discussion boards or blogs. "My cat/dog/child ate/destroyed my yarn/needles!" I think these people are looking for an "Oh, you poor thing" response, when all I really want to say is "Serves you right for being careless."

Dogs and cats are animals. They don't know that chewing on your brand new Addi Turbos or Brittany DPNs is a no no. They don't realize how much that new alpaca yarn cost you. The same goes for kids. They see you enjoying that project so much that they want to get in on the fun. Wake up and smell the Eucalan, people! Be responsible and put away your knitting! If you don't, don't look to me for sympathy when you're the one who's careless. Don't expect Skacel or Brittany to replace your chewed up needles, either. I think their guarantees say they'll replace needles damaged in normal use. Letting your pets chew on them does not constitute normal use!

OK. That's all my bitching for today. I haven't had any time for stitching lately, so maybe that's why I'm bitchy and fed up! What I have been up to is re-reading the Harry Potter series. I'm on book 5 now, The Order of the Phoenix. It is a good book, though much "darker" than previous HP books. There is such a sense of foreboding over the whole story. Rumor has it that Book 6, The Half Blood Prince, is due out this summer and that the fourth movie is coming in the fall. Wonderful!

Lately, all I want to do is sleep! It's become something of a joke around here. Daughter is in bed by 9 PM every night, and I follow behind her! I do take about 45 minutes or so to lie in bed and read and relax. We were planning to go to HHI this weekend, but I think I'd rather stay home and sleep! Pathetic. I guess it's just the remnants of this cold still hanging on. Husband and daughter have Monday off from work for MLK Day, but I have to work. I would have asked for the day off, too, but I'm covering as backup for another manager who's off in New Zealand for three weeks! Lucky gal! I told her to bring me a sheep! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Hassler said...

Refreshing to see my own attitude regarding kids/cats/knitting reflected here! My mother and I had countless arguments regarding my kids, things they got in to, and who was at fault (her for leaving the box of chocolates on the coffee table, or the two year old who took advantage of their proximity). LOL!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, girl! The phrase "personal responsibility" has pretty much disappeared from the landscape. Glad to know we agree!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anonymous post was me!

Love,
Lissa

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home