Saturday, February 26, 2005

My Pretties

At midnight last night, I finished the Damnable Socks! Daughter was still up, so I handed them to her to try on, and they've not been off her feet since! I can't get a good picture, because she won't take the socks off. Guess that means they are a hit! Here's proof that I finished both socks:


Yesterday was a good mail day, and my copy of Bags: A Knitter's Dozen and In Sheep's Clothing arrived. I've not really had time to peruse either book, but soon. Today we went down to Columbia to Hook 'n Needle, and I got this lovely Cascade 220 for my Market Squares Bag:

This picture doesn't really show how gorgeous the yarn is. The colors are much richer and more jewel tone in person.

I also snagged a skein of Noro Kureyon to make a hat for husband. I recently bought a set of six hat patterns all made from one skein of Noro.

I love these colors. They are pretty yet still masculine. I've never knit with Noro and am excited about trying it.

Maureen always keeps a good discount basket (or two or three!) in her shop, and these two skeins of Kitten just begged to come home with me! They are a soft and fuzzy mohair which will make a great scarf for someone.


I don't have pictures to prove it, but I cleaned the closet/laundry room in our kitchen this morning! The closet is about 10 by 4, and I managed to get rid of 4 or 5 bags full of stuff which Salvation Army was delighted to have. I made room for husbands dye pots and some supplies and still have some room left to put the boxes with our Christmas dishes. I also got the toolbox off the dining room floor and onto a shelf. Tomorrow, perhaps I'll tackle the closet in my office!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful socks, Donna. The Cascade looks gorgeous.Who makes the Kitten? I like your blog,and thought maybe I should un-lurk.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Glad you made it to the store. Found out that sale wasn't a hardcover sale, but that didn't stop me. Are you ready for the Stashbuster Spirals? The socks are lovely.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those socks! The colors are great. Same about the Cascade colors. I am always drawn to bright, jewel tones. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home