Friday, February 25, 2005

Call Me Petty...

OK. Go ahead. Call me petty if you will. Here's why. Earlier this week I joined a Yahoo group for a new to me fiber addiction. The group is around 70 members. I posted a "Hi I'm new" topic and not one single person has responded. How freaking long does it take to say "welcome to the group"? I'll probably leave the group before long, not because they didn't say welcome, but because they're darned boring!! There's not much exchange of information--useful or otherwise--within the group.

I finished the pattern reapeats on the Damnable Sock (aka Fluted Bannister) last night. Tonight I hope to finish the toe decreases, graft the toe closed and say thank goodness. I will likely work this pattern again, but Sockotta and I are getting a divorce. I just don't care for it. I have a feeling I'm not going to hold fond regards for any type cotton yarn.

Dear readers, it's Fess Up Time. Who from Atlanta paid a visit to Wilde Fiber recently? Jennifer said someone who read about her shop on my blog came in to visit. I'm dying to know who it was!! I hope you got as much pleasure out of Jennifer's shop as I always do when we visit. It's such a peaceful, relaxing place.

I'm not quite sure what the weekend holds for us. Daughter has a dance at school tonight. Tomorrow we may go to Greenville to visit a sick friend (and a not so sick yarn shop) or we may just stay home and clean house. We're resigned to the fact that we're going to be "stuck" here for a while due to the job situation at husband's work, so we're going to de-clutter, paint, wallpaper, put in flooring, do all the fix ups to bring this house into the 21st century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home