Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Moose on the Loose

I've been remiss about updating this blog, and I don't feel the least bit guilty! I've just not had much interest in posting lately, and I was away for a few days vacation last week, too.

Here are some pictures of husband's Moose spindle. Isn't it lovely?


The first photo shows the Moosie posing in my new Lantern Moon basket on top of some skeins of Mountain Colors. The second shot is a close up of the top of the spindle.

I've not knitted or spun in almost a week. The only WIP I have going right now is that blasted Fluted Banister sock. I'm on the gusset decreases for the second sock, thank goodness. I really am hating the yarn and the pattern--mostly the yarn. It is Socka, and I doubt I'll ever use it for anything again. I just don't like the way it feels, but maybe that is because this sock is annoying me.

Daughter and I were at the beach for 5 days last week. We took our wheels and knitting with us, but neither of us touched a thing! Husband joined us on the weekend, and thank goodness he pulled out a box of locks I had, flicked them, and spun a bit. Otherwise, it would have been a wasted trip for both wheels! :-)

Daughter did some needle felting this weekend. It was so cool!! We gave her a bunch of supplies for her birthday, and she just got the time to sit down and use them. I'm eager to learn this myself. Just what I need, another hobby!

I have two books coming from Amazon. One is Bags: A Knitter's Dozen. There is a felted entrelac bag in that book that I'm anxious to make. The other book is In Sheep's Clothing, a book about different kinds of wool. I will be haunting the mail box until my package arrives!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bags: A Knitter's Dozen is a neat book. I made the Market Squares Bag, and I love it.

Vera
Vera's Crafty Blog
http://vhanna26.typepad.com

5:23 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a great getaway at the beach. You deserved it. And the moosie is beautiful!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Kathi said...

aloha donna! thanks for stopping by my blog. i totally relate on the to blog or not to blog thing...especially when there's so much going on with life.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Sounds like a great week, and that spindle really is lovely! I'm ordering a needle felting kit on Monday (payday) and can't wait to play!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home