Sunday, May 08, 2005

I Have the Best Secret Pal!

I'm participating in SP4 at Knitty, and my first gift arrived this weekend. Boy, does my pal ever know what I love! She sent me 4 skeins of Brown Sheep Wildefoot sock yarn, a set of Clover bamboo DPNs, and a lovely card (for which no trees were harmed in the making!). Aren't these colors lovely?


I have finally finished the Little Shell Socks! I made them using Twinkletoes Sock Yarn from e-bay seller lottusblossum. It was so long ago that I started these socks, I cannot remember the name of the color. I'm very pleased with the look of the socks. Most importantly, the lucky recipient (daughter) is in love with them. She put them on the second I finished grafting the toe last night.


I had started myself a plain (stockinette) sock in this same yarn, but I was not pleased with it. I made it with 2X2 ribbing, and I think a 1X1 will look better. So, ribbit, ribbit.

I'm not sure what I want to knit next. I have some funky lime green Microspun for a tank top for daughter. Then there's the dreamy Silky Wool waiting to become Spring Fling for me. Decisions, decisions.

Happy Mother's Day to those who mother. I'm not big into "holidays" like this (I love my mother 365 days a year and don't need one day on the calendar to tell me to do it.), but daughter is into it. She made me breakfast this morning, gave me three pictures and certificates (for best mom) that she made herself) and got me two pairs of lovely rosewood needles. The girl knows what Mom likes! I tell you, there is nothing in the world I'd rather be than her mom.

~*~ Sixteen days until closing! ~*~

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh! Lovely sock yarn, and you even got some of that handpainted variety of Wildfoote. And your little shell socks turned out gorgeous! I am going to have to make a pair of them. And hee- hee, guess what - Phillip gave me some rosewood needles, too! Must be a hot item this year :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your socks are beautiful.

You have a very sweet daughter.

Happy Mother's Day,
Amy

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home