Friday, May 13, 2005

Rest in Peace, Rebecca



It is a sad day for our family. Our dear kitty Rebecca passed away this morning. Becky came to us about a year ago as a stray who wandered into the yard and took a liking to us. The feeling was mutual. Becky and I spent a lot of time together since it was just the two of us home during the weekdays. She was a timid and easily frightened girl, but she was coming to trust us to love her and take care of her. This morning, I found her dead in the living room. I think she had a heart attack.

We have no idea how old Becky was, but I believe she had a very old soul. There was such depth and knowledge in those beautiful golden eyes. I felt as if I'd known Becky before.

We laid our Becky to rest this afternoon in the backyard. Rebecca, we loved you well, and there is an empty place in our hearts and lives without you.


Sharing a catnip mouse with Mocha

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your cat! When I lost my first pet that I acquired after I moved out by myself, I was heartbroken. DH had to bury her alone because I couldn't stand it.

It is wonderful to have good pets, and I'm sure she's catnipping in the beyond now...

6:28 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Loosing a pet can feel like loosing a member of your family.

Amy

7:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Donna you are so strong. Many, many hugs and cups of comfort to you.

Rachel

7:38 PM  
Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

*hugs*

9:39 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, I am so sorry about Rebecca. It's good to know her last year was in a loving home like yours.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna-
So sorry to hear about Rebecca. It is obvious that you loved her and will miss her. Have you heard of the "Rainbow Bridge?" It is a poem about our passed-on furbabies. It helped me when my cat passed away.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Donna, I'm so sorry. I know just how sad you are. Sending a big, comforting hug your way...

Lissa

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.... Last year was our "year of death"... it never gets easier parting with them... but know that you gave her the best time she could have while she was with you! I know you and the whole family loved her dearly... I'll be thinking of you all.....

Shea

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you big hugs... Rose
www.enchantedewe.com

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Donna,

I just read about Rebecca. That is so sad to hear. Like someone else said earlier, it is at least heartwarming to know she had a good loving family like yours.

{{{{hugs}}}, Ali

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home