Thursday, June 16, 2005

Can A Person Die of Tired?

Can a person die from "tired"? If so, husband and I are in big trouble. I think we are both walking zombie people, him in particular, poor dear. We've been hard at it with packing, moving, and cleaning since last weekend. He's been painting as if his life depended on it. I swear I never threatened him!! My poor baby was painting at the new house until about 11:30 last night. He did a beautiful job on daughter's sunny yellow room, and now he's turning our room into a lovely, soothing shade called ibis white or something like that.

We are surrounded here in our present home by boxes. You know what? I don't have enough boxes either. I've been lugging things to the new house, unpacking, and using the boxes over and over again. How tiring is that. I'm also beginning to hate the stairs in our new house, but I imagine that feeling will pass when all I have to carry up and down them is my own weight and not my weight plus a darned heavy box.

Husband and I were wise enough to realize taking tomorrow off is a good thing. He has an appointment with the security system company to see about getting that installed, and I'm looking forward to a date with the lovely young men who'll clean our carpets. We also plan to squeeze in more moving and painting tomorrow.

Saturday is the BIG DAY when we'll load our remaining worldly goods into a huge truck and cart them to our new place, with the help of my wonderful brother, mom, and brother's girlfriend. Brother dear has already warned his GF not to even think about telling me where to put anything in my new house or offering suggestions of any kind. He told her that while I appear to be a charming person, when under duress and exhausted, I can be quite the bitch. Wow. My little brother knows me well.

Tonight is the last night of pottery for this week. We finish up completely next week. Thank goodness. This hasn't been a lot of fun for me. I have resorted to rolling out balls of clay into flat pieces and cutting shapes with cookie cutters. My shapes are destined to become wind chimes--a flower one, a butterfly one, and a star one. The teacher told daughter she's a natural!! She certainly didn't get that talent from me. Miss Artistic Genius whipped out three very nice pots on the pottery wheel last night. I'm impressed.

There has been no knitting going on here this week--no time! I definitely hope to put my feet up on Sunday night and knit SOMETHING!! ANYTHING! I have a severe case of knitter's withdrawal and I need a fix.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I know it will be a relief to finally be in your house. Congrats!

Amy

5:10 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

moving sucks so much.

Hang in there, and reward yourself with your feet up in your new home with some lovely lush yarn and a gorgeous pattern...

It'll be over soon.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to when y'all get all moved in and you can be back to blogging!

(and i finally replied to the meme you tagged me with a month and a half ago... *shifty look* )

9:03 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Yeah!! Glad to finally hear from you. I hope you are starting to get settled in your fabulous new house and getting rested.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home