Friday, June 10, 2005

Surrounded by Baby Hats

I completed Miss Dashwood this week except for blocking her brim. As soon as that's done, I'll share a photo. I enjoyed the pattern very much and found that it worked up quickly after getting past that picot cast on!

There was no way I needed half a skein of heathery pink Encore, so I decided that the recipient of Miss Dashwood also needed a simple roll brim hat for every day.

In the making of these two hats, I put my Plymouth interchangeables to the test. Sometimes the shortest cord length (about a 16 inch needle) seems too tight. I knitted down to 40 stitches with the Plymouth and it was just fine.

We get into the new house Sunday to start the cleaning and painting process. I'm actually looking forward to cleaning that house!! Last night, someone came to this house to give us an estimate on painting and wall papering. He seems quite affordable, so I believe he has the job. The man is someone husband works with.

That's all for now, folks!

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Looking forward to seeing your pictures of Mrs. Dashwood. Have fun settling in to your new home!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting ready to move into the new house. I hope we aren't far behind y'all, since we are putting another offer on a different house this week. I just want this part to be over with, so I can start planning on the painting, etc also.

I like Mrs. Dashwood also. Is it a difficult pattern?

I have a pattern for a floppy brimmed hat to make for Screamer and Peepeye once it gets a little closer to the cold weather. I think I'll use leftover Lions Brand Homespun for them.

Can't wait to see more pics of the new abode.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home