Monday, June 06, 2005

Purple Crayon Tank--Done!

In spite of doing a three needle bind off so that the seam came out on the public side, I finished the purple Knitpicks Crayon tank top last night. Here is a photo of my very reluctant model:

Overall, I'm pleased with the fit of this tank. The arm holes are not too long. The body of the tank could be a bit more snug, but I figure that with 100% cotton yarn, I'm bound to have some shrinkage. As with most items I knit for daughter, this one went on the body pre-washing or blocking!

When we went out to take the tank photo this evening, I noted how lovely the flowers look. Take a look at this lily:

The flower beds are usually pristine, but for the past couple of years husband (the family gardener) has not paid them much attention. I don't think most of the flowers mind that. I can see now why he wants to dig some of these plants to take with us to the new house.

I had a surge of "Domestic Goddess" this weekend. I made a pan of home made lasagna Friday night, and last night I baked a sour cream pound cake. I'm sure this feeling will pass soon enough. Maybe my interest in cooking is because I don't want to pack for the impending move.

Speaking of the move, we can get into the house Sunday morning to start the cleaning and painting. We'll also begin moving some items over then. The following weekend, we have family coming to help move furniture. I'm excited about the move, but more than anything, I just want it to be done.

Daughter and I made a trip to the library at lunch time today. We picked up several of the books that are on her summer reading list. She has one required reading novel for English, two extra credit books for English, and an extra credit for Social Studies.

I am going to cast on for Miss Dashwood tonight. One of my co-worker friends had a baby girl yesterday, and I think this hat would be the perfect gift.

8 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Your daughter looks stunning in it. Purple is her color!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

The tank looks great, and those lillies are beautiful.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wonderful job on the tank!! It is such a lovely color, too.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just lovely, Donna. Cute kid, too!

Lissa

11:56 AM  
Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

Great tank! and love the lillies - y'all definitely should take the pink ones with you!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tank top looks great.

Definitely take some of the daylilies with you - they look great.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

I adore Daylilies. Our old home had a huge clump growing. We left them there as a 'present' to the new owners. 6 weeks late we took a drive by as they would have been in full flower. They had been dug up!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

The purple tank looks great. You'll love knitting Miss Dashwood - I've made one in the smallest size for a friend and want to make her a larger one already (for when the first one gets too small). Good luck with your move!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home