Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Pictures Look Like I Feel: Out of Focus

You know you need to update your blog when your own husband comments about how long it's been! So, I give you the terrible, horrible, no good out of focus photos. They kind of look like I feel with the impending move--out of focus!

Here's my market squares bag getting chummy with the Ashford Kiwi:

I'm going to line the bag, but that won't happen for a while. I'm looking at this as a fall/winter purse rather than a summer purse.

I have a big business meeting coming up in August and will need a little bag to keep my hotel room key, a bit of cash, and maybe a credit card handy. I'm the meeting planner and will be dashing around madly throughout the 5 days of the meeting; I won't want to carry around my purse. I think this little bag will do nicely for what I need:

I'm making it out of Patons Brilliant. I'm going to add a lining to the bag for stability (in case I want to put my cell phone in it!) and will add an I-cord strap. I may post the pattern once I get everything worked out.

I am still working on the purple Crayon tank. It went all the way to Philly with me this week and I didn't knit a stitch. I also decided not to pose the tank taking in the sites in Philly a la Harlot. I think it was really cute how her sock went on tour with her, but it seems like everyone and her sister is stealing the idea and posing their WIPs seeing the sites. Folks, there is only one Harlot, and she's da bomb!

School is officially out for summer for daughter. Yesterday was middle school awards day, and she received a certificate for making honor roll this year. *proud mom moment* I can't believe we'll have ourselves a seventh grader next year.

Husband is running around like a mad man packing up things and worrying about how long it is going to take us to move out of here. That is usually my job. For once, we've reversed roles as I really am not interested in packing anything. Next Sunday, we can get into the new house and start cleaning. Once I do that, then I'll begin carting truck loads of belongings from this house to the new one. For now, CHILL OUT!!!!!!!! Personally, I can't wait to get the house keys next weekend and start scrub, scrub, scrubbing and cleaning in preparation to make my own dirt in the new place!

It's been raining since Tuesday night!! We were supposed to be at the beach again this weekend but couldn't quite bring ourselves to sit cooped up in the villa while the rain poured. Instead, we rented a couple of movies for the weekend.

Last night we watched Phantom of the Opera. It was quite good, but as husband said, someone who is not already a fan of the musical may not enjoy it. We saw Phantom in Atlanta at The Fox a few years ago and fell in love with it. We also have the sound track with Sarah Brightman. The only thing I found lacking with the movie is that the man playing Phantom did not have a very good voice in my opinion.

Tonight, we'll watch National Treasure. Daughter informs us that the movie "sucks" because all her friends said so. She's not seen it. We decided not to take the word of a bunch of 12 year olds, so we'll pass our own judgment on this flick. It has Nicholas Cage. How bad can it be?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

#1 You are entitled to let the blog slip with all the hurry and packing and traveling and moving going on around you!!
#2 I love the way your Market Street Bag turned out. It is lovely :)
#3 We saw National Treasure when it came out at the movies, and we thoroughly enjoyed it!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The colors of the market bag are gorgeous....great job on it and your little "do everything" purse.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That MS bag is GORGEOUS!!! And the little one is lovely, too.

Lissa

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home