Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bo Bice is My American Idol

We've been watching American Idol all season. It's the first time we've ever watched, and it has been interesting to say the least. I think the audition shows were the best--seeing all the crazies who are under the misguided impression that they have talent.

Bo and Carrie were my favorites since almost the beginning. However, I don't think Carrie really got any better throughout the entire time the show was on. She was actually pretty inconsistent from week to week both in her vocals and her comfort on stage. It was a bit of a surprise when Vonzelle (someone I've just NOT been able to like at all) was voted off instead of Carrie. Even though I hate the music she sang and couldn't warm up to her as a person, Vonzelle was the more talented yet Carrie stayed.

Bo has more talent in his little finger than any of the other singers on the show. Of course, I happen to be a fan of Southern Rock and Bo is a great rocker. I feel certain he has a recording contract already, so he didn't really need that from Idol. I'm anxiously waiting for his first CD to come out. Just before the winner was announced last night, I commented that win or lose, Bo had his piece of heaven by singing Sweet Home Alabama with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Talk about a dream come true for the guy! He was awesome, too.

Since this is a knitting blog, I guess I'd better talk a bit of knitting. Still working on the tank! I'm about half done with the back and hopefully will get that finished off tonight. I worked up to the bottom of the armholes in the round and have now switched to flat knitting. If this tank looks good finished, I'll re-write the patter for knitting totally in the round--or attempt to do so! I was a little intimidated with the arm hole shaping so didn't try that this time around.

We're heading to the beach tomorrow afternoon for the long weekend. I can't wait. I need some R and R!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I thought Bo should have one too. Have fun at the beach!

Amy

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!

I liked Bo better too!Of course, I like men with longer hair and something on their faces (like Bo). The bonus for Bo is that, because he didn't win, he is free to get a recording contract of his choosing, rather than having to be made into the American Idol. If you'd seen some of the people in the past seasons who actually got contracts, you'd feel better knowing that Bow ill have no problem getting signed on somewhere. And we'll enjoy his music more, because they didn't engineer it.

Have a great weekend!

Kim

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never actually watched Idol, because I don't like the first ones where the people are making idiots of themselves, but I have seen some coverage, and he sure is cuter than she is! ;-)

Have fun at THE beach!! (Only one beach for South Carolinians, that't Myrtle Beach, LOL)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Bo.............

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm he has a great voice. And, yeah. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.


Rachel

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home