Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's a Done Deal

We closed on the house today! Everything went smooth as silk. The couple we bought the house from are so nice. I think in addition to a wonderful new house, we've found ourselves some new friends. As is typical with most of our friends, they are a good bit older than us--in their mid 70s. I know it's hard for them to give up a home they built and have lived in for over 40 years, but I think they realize how much we are going to love and take care of the place. They are eager to show us how to manage things like the septic tank, the water softener unit, and other odds and ends and quirks about this house. We're even planning to pick blueberries together from the back yard patch when they start to come in.

It's still going to be a couple of weeks before we can get into the house to do our painting and cleaning. We should be able to move in mid to late June.

I treated myself to a new book today, Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I signed up for the Border's e-mail newsletter, and they send a discount coupon every few weeks. I got the book for 25% off the cover price which turned out to be just a few dollars more than I'd have paid by ordering on line. However, I saved myself shipping and the wait to receive my order. Sometimes instant gratification is the best! I bought the book specifically for the airy scarf pattern, but there are a lot of other neat looking items in it as well. The book is just beautiful to look at, so that's half the fun.

I continue working on the cotton tank for daughter. It is slow going in spite of knitting it in the round! The yarn (Knitpicks Crayon) is so thin! It is lovely yarn, but it sure takes a while to make any progress with it.

I know you are all photo starved, so I'll try to make some pictures of the WIPs and FOs before the weekend! We're planning to run away to the beach for our long weekend which should be glorious now that the weather is so warm.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the closing! What a relief for you. Now the fun part - MOVING!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Congrats! How wonderful for you and your family.

Last Minute Knitted Gifts is a wonderful book. Enjoy!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That book is great! I have it as well. Let me know when you start workingon a pattern from it, maybe I'll join ya!
Shauna(Midge)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home, Donna! As my grandmother would have said, "Enjoy it in good health!"

Love,
Lissa

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home