Sunday, June 26, 2005

Settling In

We've been in our new house for a week now, and I guess we are settling in. It's still hard to believe this wonderful place is really ours. I don't think any of us ever want to move again. We are still moving "stuff" out of the old house. I think we are about done there. I don't know how three people accumulated so much. We are taking time during packing and unpacking to go through and evaluate what we want to keep and what we need to discard. Goodwill is going to love us.

Moving day went pretty well thanks to my mom, brother, and his girlfriend. I don't know what we'd have done without them. We had nice weather up until the very end. Raindrops started falling as I took the last piece of furniture off the truck, and then a monsoon settled in. Our living room is still bare. The antique sofa I want to put in there is still in storage. I do have an old half round table in there. It belonged to my great grandmother. My plan is to furnish the upstairs living room and dining room in antiques. I'll do that slowly and just add pieces that I really like. We have several antique malls here, and my mom knows a man in our home town who sells antiques. We bought the old sofa from him (Duncan Fyfe) and it is a great piece.

We've met some of our neighbors all of whom seem very nice. Here's a photo of one of our favorites. We've seen her twice so far in the week we've lived here. She's a real "deer". (Look to the right side of the photo to see her.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm glad you are settling in nicely. Moving is such a chore, but it surely feels good to be in a new house, huh?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

awwww

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home