Monday, January 30, 2006

Completed Projects

At long last, I have photos for you of a couple of finished items.

First, here is Gioia, pattern by the lovely Wendy of The Garter Belt. The scarf is in need of blocking, but that didn't stop me from wearing it last week! Either I made a goof or the Noro Silk Garden did. See how the stripes on either side don't quite match up? I'm not too worried about that. If I wanted symetrical, I'd have bought a machine made item. I love Gioia just the way she is and already have plans to make another.


Next, we have the Bow-knot Scarf. This little scarf worked up in no time flat. The pattern was easy and straightforward though not very exciting. The end product is quite nice, though, I think. Next time, I'll make this in nicer yarn. I'm not thrilled with the Patons wool that I used.


I'm not posting a progress picture of Tubey. How exciting is a wide expanse of garter stitch? Not very! I'm actually considering ripping out a portion of my Tubey progress, because I'm not happy with how the section looks where I joined the second ball of yarn. You know how that goes....if it's bugging me enough now that I'm considering frogging, it is only going to bug me worse if I let it be! The sign of a seasoned knitter is that she's not afraid to rip it! I'm not afraid, so that must make me seasoned. :-) I want a sweater that makes me truly happy and does justice to the nice yarn I'm using.

I missed a whole week of Curves last week due to being sick and then having a two day business trip (while still sick). It was nice to get back today. Our leader is such a nice, supportive person. She really does add to the fun factor. My goal for the week is to make four workouts. That was my goal last week, too, but the creeping crud kept me from it.

Speaking of workouts, I really need to start my Olympic training! I have to find the yarn and pattern for Clapotis and wind the yarn into balls. I probably should swatch, too, but I don't think that gauge is a big issue with something like Clapotis.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing really well with my Curves experience... I've gone every single day (except Sunday) for 3 weeks now... I've lost just over 10lbs! YEAH for ME! The ladies that I'm regularly there with are great... my only complaint is one of the Saturday workers... a real pain in the Zeke... but I just ignore her!

I actually did some spinning the other night... not much... but it's a start... I'm trying to decide on something simple other than a scarf to knit... oh well... maybe I'll come up with something :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

My mother is an avid advocate of Curves. She is in wonderful shape. Heck, she could probably whoop my tail.

Your scarves look great.

Amy

3:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hi Donna, your scarves turned out lovely! I like the colors in the Gioia.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I LOVE the scarves. Thanks for posting the links, too. I may just make both! I hope you are feeling much better now.

5:58 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Gioia looks amazing in your choice of Noro!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Donna, great to see that Noro going to use! It's a lovely scarf! (That is the color I sent, right?)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your Gioia! It's beautiful. The lack of symmetry won't matter one bit when it's around your neck.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Your scarves are lovely, and you will enjoy knitting Clapotis.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

The scarves look great. I like the Gioia the best. The striping change is a Noro thing. The way the yarn changes is a Noro thing. That's why I had to work so hard to match.

Glad to know you all are better.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home