Monday, January 09, 2006

I Need a New Project

I'm currently knitting a shawl for a friend and am using Plymouth Outback Wool. I really am not enjoying the yarn. I'm sure it is perfectly wonderful yarn, but it's bulkier than what I wanted. I also am quite tired of the colors--blue, teal, and some purple. *sigh* You'll notice the lack of progress photos?? That's how much I'm not enjoying this knit. I believe the shawl will be just fine once it is completed and blocked, and my friend will love it. She's the one who is always trying to steal my shawls when we have business meetings!

All that said, I need a new project and a break from the shawl. I'm only half done with it, but I need to start something new. I'm not quite sure what....Zib sent me a pattern she's trying to work the kinks out of, so I really should cast that on tonight. It's a shawl/scarf thingy (quite pretty) and it should not take too long to knit. I picked out yarn last night--two skeins of Noro Kureyon originally intended for an Edgar scarf. But what next?? Do I move on to a Booga Bag or is it time for Tubey? I'm leaning toward Tubey so that maybe I can get it done and wear it before spring gets here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

That Tubey looks neat, I'd love to see it knitted up1

4:33 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Tubey! Tubey! That's my vote! :)

As for South of the Border, I was there once before as a kid, and had to pay to use the rest rooms. That was my only impression of the place and it was not much better this time around, as an adult. I'm pretty sure they still have the signs, but I was sleeping and missed all of them. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I cast a vote for Tubey! I've checked this pattern out several times, but haven't decided whether or not I really want to knit. I'd also love to see it knitted up.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home