Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bright Sunshiny

It's bright and sunshiny today, and I'm not just talking about the weather. The Cascade Fixation yarn forced me to cast on last night even though I'm not done with the Regia sock. Here's what the Fixation looks like so far (note that the colors are actually brighter in real life):

I'm finding this yarn very interesting indeed. I think I like it... It is definitely different than any yarn I've knit before. I'm using a cast on of 56 stitches on size 3 needles. The cuff looks a little fat, but so do my ankles. Notice that I'm doing a short cuff--2 inches in fact. These are my experimental socks, so if I find that 56 stitches are too many, I can do something different in my next pair. Our LYS sells Fixation, so it's no problem to get more yarn!

Conversation at our house last night:

Me (knitting away on Fixation socks): These are going to be some fun socks.

Husband: What? What do you mean "fun socks"?

Me: You know, fun to wear.

Husband: Only a woman would find clothing to be "fun".

Comments from the past week or so....
Katie and Kim, I'll get out there with a blanket to cover my plants if the weather gets cold. I'm hoping we're past the frost and freeze for this year. Kim, I like the succulents everyone else picks over, too. My husband had some plants when we were in college. One was called Lithops, I think. It was a cool plant. Wal Mart didn't have a huge selection, unfortunately.

Judy, I agree with you that reading does not have to be for a higher purpose. It just has to be fun for me!

Carolyn, the customer I encountered while shoe shopping needs the same kind of lesson as the woman who thinks you dye fiber because you're bored! :)

Amy, it is good to see you stop in when you must be so busy with Yarntopia!

Mel, it is nice to meet you!

Vera, Elizabeth, Valerie, and Amanda, Hi!! I'm glad you stopped in. Vera, we'll have to make another try at meeting up at Knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Hi Donna,

Just stopping by to say hi. What other types of yarn can you get at your new lys that the H&N doesn't carry? I'm not going to purchase, just curious. I've never seen Fixation.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

The color of Fixation looks fun. I like how the yarn feels too.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Why is it that whenever I get to Charleston and go to KNIT, I'm the only one there!! Except for the delightful owner, who always makes me feel so welcome. Of course, I'm usually there as soon as the door opens - or before! Haven't been there since July, and I believe they've moved. Must find out where!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home