Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Gotta Love a Long Weekend

We had a great 4 day weekend here. It was nice to get up and not have a schedule for so many days in a row. Friday, of course, we spent a lot of time at school for the awards day.

Sunday found Husband in the upstate of SC for a wood turning class. I think he had a good time, as he's already talking about the next time he goes!

Daughter and I spent Sunday surrounded by pretty paper, photos, stickers, etc. We scrap booked! We did take a quick break to run out to Michaels for more supplies and to use our 50% off coupon! I finished 9 new pages and am almost caught up with my scrap booking. I still need to do the Ren Fest, soccer, and awards day.

Yesterday, we went for a family bike ride on the trail near our house. It is a lovely paved trail that runs through shady woods. It goes to the local recreation center then continues on through woods down to the river. We rode 6.6 miles yesterday. It was a nice ride, but it was all uphill on the return trip! Isn't that always the way?

In the afternoon, we ended up at Hobby Lobby for what else? Scrap book supplies! They have a huge selection of paper, stickers, and other adornments. I snagged a pair of Fiskars corner rounder scissors for half price and also got a template for different shapes on clearance. We got a nice selection of paper and stickers, too. What we need now is an organizational storage system (portable) for our goodies.

In knitting news, I'm in the boring part of Picovoli now. I've finished off the raglan top, cast off for the sleeve caps and cast back on for the underarms. If you work this pattern, be sure to read and follow the advice on casting on extra stitches in the under arms. I did not do that the first time around and ended up with big holes where I was re-connecting the sweater body and underarm portion. I ripped that out and now have lovely joins. I have quite a ways of boring stockinette to knit before starting the waist shaping, but at least it is mindless TV knitting! I want to finish this off soon so I can enjoy wearing it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

My husband is so addicted to wood turning. His bowls are beautiful, but I don't get the attraction. I prefer colour, soft texture and something I can do sitting down without all that noise and dust. I really do love his work, though.
Li

1:57 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

6.6 miles - uphill? Heaven help us! I about had a stroke just walking on campus yesterday!! Where was the wood turning class?

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home