Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's the Bzzzzz?

We are now the proud guardians of two hives of honey bees. My dad kept bees when I was a kid, so it's exciting to have some around again. We found out from one of the neighbors that the man who previously owned our house used to keep bees also. I guess it was just meant to be, no pun intended! Here's a photo of husband and daughter tending the bees. Right now, tending mainly includes feeding them sugar water. Husband just set up the hives on Sunday evening.


Our garden is growing nicely. Husband has rigged up a trellis for the cucumbers to run along and has staked the tomatoes. Everything is blooming, and we have baby squash already.


You've all been waiting patiently for finished project photos. Here's the crocheted flower I made out of some scrap yarn.
I think it's cute, and it was so much fun and so easy to make.

This is Tempting that I made for daughter. I like it a lot. I have no idea what the gauge is, because I like to live dangerously and didn't swatch in pattern. When I swatched in stockinette, I was getting 6 stitches to the inch using a size 6 needle. I made the smallest size of this pattern, and it fits daughter perfectly. She's a 34 bust. The yarn is Cotton Fleece.


I'm currently working on Picovoli for myself. I'm using Cotton Fleece for it in a blue color called Emperor's Robe. It's a nice royal blue.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Next you are goign to have a couple sheep, I can see it!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Tempting is lovely, and so is that flower.

4:53 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Tempting and the flower turned out great. I bet your daughter will looks smashing in it.

Fresh honey sounds so yummy!

Amy

5:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Tempting turned out great, Donna!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Thanks for keeping us a-bzzz. I know it's corny. Gardening, beekeeping, knitting. Are you all still spinning and weaving? It appears that you all have a wonderful case of addiction to the outdoors.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm so coming to visit you! Bees, yarn, I love it! And Tempting is beautiful!

8:20 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Bees? Eek! I'm allergic. No thank you. But Tempting is awesome! The ribbon is perfect for it and the color, ooh the color. Gorgeous.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home