Monday, May 01, 2006

WAKE UP!

I'm really dragging today in spite of the coffee, the chocolate (shhhhh!), the workout and the attempts at staying alert. I don't know what my problem is. At this rate, I'll be lucky to make it through the evening news before falling asleep.

I haven't done any knitting the past couple of days, but I have crocheted another flower. I had some scraps of some sort of cheap Patons yarn in cream with a gold metallic thread running through. The flower turned out nicely, and I made it into a pin. Daughter, the fashion queen of the 21st century, liked the pin and almost wore it to school. I'm not sure what changed her mind at the last minute.

I stopped off at the post office this morning to pick up a package. There are several very LARGE signs in the lobby saying cell phone use is not allowed. I guess they want you to get on with your business and not clog up the line while you are chatting. I was in line with two people ahead of me, and when the lady just in front of me is up next, she starts a call with her cell phone provider wanting to change her service! Unbelievable. I guess she just could not wait 5 minutes to buy her book of stamps and then make that potentially life or death call? I'm all for cell phone users' rights, but this was just a classic example of cell phone stupidity. Kudos to the post office lady who informed her that cell phone use isn't allowed in the PO!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people! I am trying to pound it into my children's heads that they should be considerate of other people and not waste their time. Evidently that woman didn't have parents that did that. Or else she is So Very Important that everyone else has to wait for her to finish her call!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

The one that creeps me out is when people use cell phones in hospitals where there is sensitive equipment that can be affected. Signs are posted prominently there too.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Argh, what is it with the tired thing lately?? The time change? The pollen? I woke up with 13 minutes to shower, dress, make-up and leave for work. And I was only 10 minutes late! I'm not tired at night - only during the day!
I love the purse, by the way!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly believe that cell phones are the to our age what cigarettes were to fifty years ago. They are mindless fidget tools, lit up or flipped open at will. If you will excuse the drama, it helps people deal with those desperately "alone" times, like waiting in line. My personal peeve, the cell users in the doctor's waiting room. grrrr
I want to see those flowers you're making.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home