Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Paper is a Fiber!

I can promise you that paper is indeed a fiber. Therefore, my discussion of scrapbooking fits in nicely with my fiber art addiction. Just go with me on this, OK??

I'm starting to build a nice little collection of scrapbook papers, embellishments, and tools. It's not quite as big as my yarn and knitting collection, but give me time. Of course, all these goodies must be carefully stored away, and since Daughter is a sticker fanatic, I must of course secret away some of my best stickers to keep her hands off them. I went to Michaels last night armed with a 40% coupon and every intention of buying this. Instead, I came home with this....and some more stickers, and some paper, and some corner edger scissors.

I didn't get any actual scrapbooking time in last night, but I certainly managed to get my things organized. Daughter even organized her things and stashed her stickers with mine. I'm not sure that is a good idea. I must guard my stickers from this little fiend! :-)

I knit a couple of rounds on Picovoli. She's coming along slowly but surely. I better get my rear in gear and get finished before summer is over!

The Curves diet and exercies plan are still going very well. I've lost a total of 22 pounds since January. I am not sure what I've lost since starting the diet, but at least half that was from diet. As I've said before, I don't have the luxury of working out every day. This working a full time job thing cuts into my leisure time. I think I've done darn well taking this thing slowly and hopefully in a manner where I will not gain the weight back. Husband is looking rather slim and trim himself! He's dieting with me and walking every day for exercise.

Theresa commented on our riding 6.6 miles uphill. The round trip bike ride was 6.6 miles. We only did half that up hill. We're not totally nuts! :-) You also asked about the wood turning class. I think it was in Greenville.

Li, I don't see the attraction for wood turning either--the noise, the mess--but I sure like the end results. We have a friend here who turns the most beautiful wood bowls you've ever seen. They are very popular items at local art sales and the farmers market.

My dad turned wood, and one of my most prized possessions is a child size rocking chair he and my grandpa (dad's dad) made for Daddy's first grandchild. At the time, I wasn't married and certainly had no idea of having a child. Daddy and Pappy have both passed away now, and that makes the chair even more special to me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't lose those 22 pounds, Donna dear - I'm keeping them for you right here, front and center, in my big gut!

:)

Lissa

7:07 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Congrats on the great weight loss! It sounds like you are coming along great with it. (Almost time to get some new clothes!!)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

He can turn me a few new spindles if he gets bored. :)

COngrats on the diet!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Congrats. What would we be without our fiber addictions? You've still got plenty of time to finish Picovoli.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Okay, I realized that only half of the 6.6 was uphill, but I'm still panting just thinking of it! Like 3.3 miles is any easier!! I'm amazed that anyone could lose 22 lbs. in 6 mos. It took me a year to lose 10, and I think I've found it again1

3:33 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Chuck is building an inventory of bowls for a juried craft show. They are beautiful, but they seem to be multiplying. I can't say much - you should wee my stash :)
Li

2:43 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

LOL = That would be "see" my stash, not "wee". I certainly wouldn't appreciate that.
Li

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home