Sunday, April 30, 2006

Least Favorite Day of the Week

You know, I really don't like Sundays. Sure, it's pretty much a lazy, do your own thing day for us, but it also signals that the weekend is ending and another work week is about to begin. *sigh* Why can't I win the lottery? :-)

We had a nice day yesterday visiting my mom, my two grandmothers, brother, his GF, and her son in my home town yesterday. I ran into a couple of girls from my high school, too. One of them is a GRANDMOTHER! Yep. She's a grandma and she's just a year older than I am--42. I had my one and only child at 28, and if my daughter follows in my footsteps in that respect, I probably won't see grandchildren until I'm about 56. That's fine and dandy with me. I don't want to be a granny in my 40s! I'm way too young for that.

There were some questions in the comments the last couple of days, and I want to respond. The bowl is made of wood. It's box elder. Mom loved it, and it goes great with her kitchen.

Daughter's toe is not fractured. The doc got x-rays and thinks that it is just a soft tissue injury. Daughter is on an anti-inflamitory medication, and if she's not better within about 4 or 5 days, we have to see an orthopedist. I really hope she's better and we don't have to go that route.

Thanks for the comments on the Booga with flower. I think the flower really made the bag. Beverly, I don't remember which Kureyon I used, but it came from Maureen's shop during her big sale in January.

Still on the needles these days is the Tempting (Knitty pattern) that I'm making for daughter. I have the body done and just need to make the sleeves, attach them, and finish out the yoke. So far, this has been one of those mindless knitting patterns--just K2P2 ribbing--but I think it's going to get exciting with the sleeves and yoke! I also think/hope it will fit well. We shall see.

Daughter and I have been scrapbooking lately. I'm not a big time scrapbooker, so she's trying to inspire me. I am just not that creative. We've had fun, though, and have bought some cool gadgets (circle cutter, oval cutter, and a cutter to use with templates) that we need to figure out. The scrapbooking papers are almost as tempting as yarn--pretty colors, shiny things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Execellent news about the toe. Glad you had a wonderful visit with the family.

With everything that you all do, how do you find time for scrapbooking?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Sunday night is the pits, I can't agree with you more.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home