Thursday, April 27, 2006

They Are The Champions

The "no rain" dances must have worked! The rain held off until about the last 10-15 minutes of yesterday's soccer game. I'm thrilled to say that daughter's team won with a final score of 3-0. I'm sure you heard the delighted screams of the team, their coaches, and all us parents yesterday afternoon. It's been 3 years since our school's middle school girls soccer team won the division championship. Silly me, I had no idea that there was a big honkin' trophy associated with this victory!

I used the "real" camera yesterday in order to get some good shots (I hope!) so the film is in for developing. Cross your fingers that I actually got good shots! It's been years (literally) since I used a real camera instead of a digital.

The varsity girls team is playing their championship game today. Wouldn't it be awesome if they won??

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Woo hoo!!! Aren't you the proud soccer mom. Tell DD congrats. It's gotta be great being on a championship team your first time in a sport.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I admire you soccer moms. My poor kids missed out due to my weather wimpiness as a non native Pacific Northwesterner. Thank goodness they were more musical than sports minded.

A long time ago I did supervised access for an abusive dad. I sat at several soccer games in the Pac NW sleety rain thinking I don't even do this for my kids. Luckily he fired me the following week.

Li

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home