Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bad Photo Day

My model decided against wearing her Tivoli T today, so I have no gorgeous photos of the child and sweater to show you. I do have a very crappy indoor photo of the sweater lying in bed.



I'm quite pleased with how this project turned out. I'll definitely be working this pattern again. Now that the pattern has been re-written, I may even make myself one. The shaping in the waist area is subtle, but effective. There is some slight rolling at the neckline and the hem of the sweater, but I really like that effect. I'm not sure that's what the designer had in mind, but I am quite happy with the look.

I tried to get a shot of the Tempting in progress, but the camera distorted the color of the yarn too much. What was a lovely teal became a muddy blue gray color. Besides, progress photos are kind of boring, especially when you're knitting 2X2 ribbing. The Cotton Fleece makes a great fabric, but the ribbing is slow going to knit. I only have about 4 inches completed and need to go to 13 before anything exciting happens. I am anxious to finish this up, though, so that I can move on to the Green Gable top I blogged about yesterday.

Soccer Mom proud moment: daughter's team won yesterday, 7-0! It was a good game. Both teams played well unlike last week when our girls slaughtered the other team. Daughter's team is ranked third going into the playoffs which start on Monday. This is daughter's first year on the team, and she's not been a star player by any means. She's worked hard, though, and she's learned a lot. I think that the game last week really boosted her confidence level. There were 4 shots on the goal by the other team, and daughter saved them all. Talk about a great big boost to the old ego! She wants to play soccer again next year, and that's a different tune than she was singing two months ago. We're really proud of her for trying new things and giving her best effort.

Hey, did you hear that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes named their new baby after a fiber animal? I caught the tail end of the story on the Today show this morning but didn't hear the name. They were telling the meaning of the name when I tuned in. Later this morning, I was reading the Yahoo web site and there it is in black and what. They named their baby Suri. I think Tom Cruise is a gigantic ass, but I'd like to believe that he and Katie truly are showing respect to the wonderful Suri Alpaca in their choice of name. However, in my heart I know that between the two of them, Tom and Katie don't have that much sense. Oh well. Good luck, baby Suri. With a dad like Tom Cruise, you're going to need all the luck you can get.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Your Tivoli looks grea!

I made one last yeat in Cotton Ease, and I really like it.

As nutty as Tom and Katie are, I do like the baby's name.

1:56 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Way to go Donna's daughter!

Amy

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for your daughter! I think Tom Cruise is an ass also.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home