Friday, January 26, 2007

Quick and Easy Hat

Do you have 100 yards of worsted weight yarn, a couple of hours free knitting time, and an average sized adult head in need of coverage? If so, then this is the pattern for you. It is written for Noro Silk Garden (packaged in 110 yard balls), but I used Cherry Tree Hill Possum/Merino worsted (packaged in 109 yard hanks) and had more than enough yarn. I whipped this thing out last night in just a couple hours and husband wore it to work this morning. It's a nice, close fitting little hat. I thought the yarn was pretty special, too. It is so soft and nice to knit with. I got this hank of jade color yarn as part of one of those CTH grab bag sales. I have several other hanks, all in different colors. I'll try to get a photo of the hat to post later.

Husband is teaching a drop spindling class at our LYS tomorrow. He has about 5 people registered so far. It should be fun for them and him. He needs a little fun in his life right now.

Husband is also going on an adventure later in the weekend. He's spotted an excellent deal on a loom and a ton of weaving accessories. The loom is a 48", I believe, but I don't know anything else about it. I'm not a weaver (yet). Husband assures me that the loom is an excellent deal and all this stuff would cost a catrillion dollars brand new. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it on his blog after the deal is done.

Now, on to the serious bit: I won't go into all the details, but many of you are aware that husband's mom is very ill. It's not good, folks. Cancer. Words cannot describe how much I hate that disease. It has robbed us of so many loved ones over the years. It really pisses me off. Please send special thoughts and prayers for my mom-in-law and family.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending caring thoughts to your husband, you, and your family.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Oh no, I'm sorry about the illness! Let's pray for remission.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home