Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Finished Little Cotton Ease Shrug

The Little Silk Shrug (in Cotton Ease) is finished! I'm quite pleased with the results, but more importantly, daughter loves it! I think it will look fantastic with the dress she's wearing next week--and yes, there will be photos of her wearing the new dress and shrug combination. Here are a few quick shots of the shrug to tide you over.





I used just a little over 1 full skein of Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I followed the pattern as written--including the recommended needle sizes--with the exception of slipping the first stitch of each row. The finishing border around the top and bottom edges of the shrug have you picking up stitche and then knitting and purling. I hate picking up stitches from raw edges. I think it's part of my perfectionist personality. It was much easier having the slipped stitch "chain" through which to pick up those stitches.

As always, I was thinking of modifications for the shrug the entire time I was knitting! I'm pondering doing a similar garment with ribbed sleeves (knitted in the round) but the same lace pattern for the "body" of the shrug. I never have understood why so many shrug patterns are written as knit flat. I'd rather knit in the round and avoid the seams!

9 Comments:

Blogger maryannlucy said...

That looks great, i could see my DD in that too. Looking forward to seeing it with the dress.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Greg job on the shrug, and it looks great on your daughter.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love it! I bet it will be perfect with the dress! It fits her well! I think she likes it too! ;)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Cute, cute. Lace Styles is one of the best books I've bought recently. It has some great patterns.

10:48 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

How cute! It fits her well.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

that looks very cute!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

It's very cute!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great on her. Can't wait to see the pictures of the dress - shrug combo.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Very pretty. I think I need to try that yarn. Everyone raves about it,
Li

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home