Monday, May 28, 2007

Just Can't Beat a Three-Day Weekend

I love long weekends. I particularly love long weekends like the one just ending--those that consist of me doing absolutely nothing. I think I may have grown roots to the recliner the past few days what with all the knitting and reading I've done. It's been bliss, let me tell you. I could get used to this life.

Poor husband and daughter didn't have it so good. He spent the past few days digging out sprinkler system do whatsies trying to fix them. He's still not done, but I think he's making progress. The lawn is crunchy, so I'm sure that it will be beneficial to get teh sprinkler system back on line. Daughter has spent her weekend studying for finals. Her exams start tomorrow and go through Thursday. I know she's looking forward to having those behind her. I'm really proud of the effort she's put into studying and making sure she's ready for her exams.

I'm working on a Green Gable for myself in bright blue Cotton Ease (stashed from when Lion Brand discontinued the bright colors) and the Forest Canopy Lace Shawl is still in progress. I'll try to get photos this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend... M and Jim ended up working the entire weekend so it was just me and the kids... which was great but I'm beat!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there should be a law! 4-day workweeks and 3-day weekends! Glad yours was relaxing.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home