Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thinking About Knitting

I've been thinking about knitting more than I've actually been knitting recently. I'm plodding along on rounds and rounds of boring stockinette for the Green Gable. The progress photo was rather horrible, so I'm not going to post it. I also cannot find daughter's footies to photograph. If you saw her room, you'd understand why I can't find them!

Our LYS had patterns and magazines on sale 25% off this weekend. I picked up a few good patterns--Ginny's Cardigan, Oat Couture's Curlicue Coverlet, and Penny Straker's Owl Cable Cardigan for kids. There is another owl pattern for babies, and it includes a hat. I'm going back to look for that one today!

I also picked up 4 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca cotton in hot pink to go with one I bought a few months ago. I was going to make something for daughter out of it, but now I'm tempted to buy the last three remaining skeins at our LYS and make myself something! That would give me a total of 8 skeins and 1200 yards.

The new Knitty is up. Again, as with previous months, I'm kind of "meh" about this issue. There's just not a lot of variety as far as I'm concerned. It's rather sock heavy! I do really like Tangering Twist and am going to give it a try in some red SWTC bamboo that I have in my stash. Sohpie would be a cute yet simplistic top if it weren't for that split neck thing going on. That's just a little too over the top for me. It's probably best if I leave Unmentionables, well, unmentioned. Just go look for yourself.

I didn't tell you that we've had a visitor show up at the door recently. He...she...it was at the front door last Sunday evening and around at the sun room entrance last night. I am almost positive it's the same visitor. I'm really not too keen on this...um....thing...being here. Don't click if you are afraid of snakes. Our visitor is the gray rat snake, and it looks to be about 5 feet long.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I think I only found maybe 2 things I would consider knitting out of the current issue. Just too "trendy" for me.

We have red tail hawks in our tree and we find crow's feet on our driveway almost weekly. Eeeek!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey, I think the unmentionables would make good pajama bottoms. Definitely would not wear them "out" anywhere, though.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home