Monday, August 06, 2007

Monkeying Around

My Monkey sock is coming along great. I'm surprised and pleased at how fast this pattern is to knit. I finished 3 pattern repeats last night. I'm using Sockotta 6670 (scroll way down on this page). I like the yarn colors; they are so happy! My only concern with this pattern is that it's cast on 64 on size 2 needles. I may be underestimating the size of my foot, but I think these are going to be too big. The pattern calls for 6 pattern repeats for the cuff. I think I'm going to go with 4, possibly 5, because I like a shorter sock. I'll try it on at that point to see if the cuff is baggy, if so *ribbit* and start over.



My Bee Fields shawl kit arrived today!! I haven't been able to get a good photo of the yarn that is true to color, so I'll try again later. It looks divine!! Can't wait to start this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

y is on my to do list for my next pair of socks I think!

4:52 PM  
Blogger bev said...

i love your yarn choice for the monkey socks. it's funny that you started that pattern b/c i was looking at it last night debating whether or not to try it. i'm still a basic sock knitter but want to step it up some. :)

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home