Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Stuff

Daughter has been at Cheerleader camp at Appalachian State since Wednesday. I cannot put into words how much I missed that kid. What am I going to do when she goes away to college?? Yes, that's 4 years away, but given how time sprouts gigantic wings and flies, that 4 years will pass in no time.

Camp went great according to all reports. The girls won several Superior ribbons and one Excellent ribbon for different evaluations. They also brought home a trophy for Best Dance Routine for a Small Varsity Squad. What an excellent way to start off a new season.

My Namaste Messenger Bag is delightful. Husband just could not muster up any excitement about it when I showed it to him, but Daughter oohed and ahhed over it and decided she wants one, too. We definitely both have the "bag" gene.

I finished the most recent clue for MS 3 this afternoon. I had an "oh crap" moment last night and had to rip out an inch of Chart H. I was 5 rows from finishing the chart and dropped the last stitch on the purl 2 together. It wasn't pretty, but at least I didn't loose the entire two days of knitting. I'm now patiently (yeah, right) waiting for Friday and the next clue!! In case anyone wonders, yes, I'm knitting the wing.

This evening I cast on a pair of Monkey Socks. The pattern is great! I've been wanting to try a Cookie A pattern for a while now, and since this was a freebie from Knitty, how could I go wrong?

We made the rounds of the two LYSs yesterday. First stop was Knit Together to exchange some Blue Sky Cotton I had left from my Tomato. I had 3 entire skeins left and wasn't apt to use them for anything else. I got some yarn for a feather and fan type shawl for my grandma instead.

The next stop was In Stitches (no website, but great store. You should go.). I picked up several skeins of Silky Wool to use for a lacey stole for a friend for Christmas. I also HAD to have a skein of the most delicious lace weight alpaca in the world!

I'll try to take some pictures this week. We have a busy week ahead--the last one before back to school--but I've planned some time off work to just relax and hang out with the kid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Monkey is a great pattern that works well with a variety of yarn.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home