Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Record Breaking Temps? I Believe!!

We broke a high temperature record here yesterday. It was 104 degrees! The previous record was 102 degrees, and that was set over 100 years ago. Our AC ran all day long. Boy, I can't wait to see that power bill.

The Monkey socks were ripped out and re-knit on a size 1 needle. I finished up 4 pattern repeats on the first sock, so that brings me back to where I was previously. The fabric looks better on the smaller needle, but I still need to run some waste yarn and try the sock on. Someone will get a new pair of socks out of it, and I hope that someone will be me. Daughter is hoping that she'll be the recipient!

Bev, the pattern really isn't hard. I think it would be a great one to try if you're ready to step up from basic socks.

Y'all say some prayers for me today! I'm spending the day back to school clothes shopping with Daughter. It's hard to say how this will go--I haven't been able to gauge the hormonal levels yet today! ha ha! If I survive this, I'll post some knitting photos later this week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear you on the hormonal level! So far all the back to school clothes for Katie have been ordered online, and that's bad enough, but at least the arguments are private. ;-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

We had record breaking days yesterday and today and my ac died! I am melting! Hang in there, at least school shopping means she will be back to school soon!

Thanks for the kind comment regarding my pattern in MagKnits!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

It's wicked hot here in Charleston. I'd faint if I had to stand out there for a while.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, all you South Carolina knitters,

YIKES! This heat and humidity is killing me!

I recently moved to Ladson from California and am looking to meet new friends with common interests. Please email me if you'd like to get together and talk about knitting or sit around and knit sometime.

Thanks so much,
Ellen

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home