Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Insert Catchy Title Here

It's Tuesday, and I'm feeling uninspired. That's been a trend lately, though. I think it's the new asthma/allergy medicine I'm taking. Doc says it's non-drowsy, but darned if I'm not sleepy all the time since I started taking it. I think I'll skip it today and see how I feel--just the allergy medicine. Breathing is a nice thing to do, and the asthma medicine helps with that.

I finished the first sleeve for Klaralund last night and started the second one. Thank goodness I only need two! I'm hoping to finish that sleeve this week and move on to blocking and seaming this weekend. It's exciting to see the colors come out of the Silk Garden.

UPS stopped by yesterday to deliver some coffee (Gevalia, yum) and when I walked out to the front porch, I saw something odd in the built in planter by the steps. Maybe I told you several weeks ago about the grey rat snake I found in that planter? She/he was huge! We later saw her/him around back on the sidewalk. Even though I don't care for snakes, live and let live, eh? Well, Nagini (which is what I've named the snake) left a little something behind over the weekend. Take a look:

This is not where I found the skin; husband moved it here when he got home yesterday afternoon. The top of the photo shows the area of the skin where the snake's head was, and the bottom of course is where the tail was. It's not a complete skin, because some of the tail area is missing. Maybe it didn't get shed at the same time as the rest. The skin is a good 5 feet long, and it looks like this snake is quite fat! We are hoping she/he is a male, because if its a female, we'll probably have little ones come the spring. Please note that I took this photo from the security of the deck using the zoom lense! Regardless of whether the skin contains a living snake or not, I don't want to get too close to it! Yep, I'm a coward.

Husband has been working on a sweater project for a long time now. He cleaned and processed the fleece himself, dyed it, and is spinning yarn for his sweater. No knitting has begun yet, because very little spinning has been accomplished. On Sunday, he got the spinning bug and pulled out the sweater project. Here's what our kitty Mocha thought of this:

Mocha is an old man kitty, and he loves to be anywhere warm and snug. After he was removed from the bag of roving, he decided to have a lie down on the couch beside some balls of roving. I didn't get a photo of that. He was so cute padding the roving and then curling up beside it (not on it) to go to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

oooh, big snake skin!!

Mocha is so cute!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Oh my goodness. That's pretty icky.

Li

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home