Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RIP Phoebe

I found our Phoebe bunny dead in her cage this afternoon. Phoebe was getting on up there in age--6 or 7 years old, I think--so it wasn't a big surprise. She was rather lethargic last night and this morning when I checked on her. Last night, she didn't get up to eat her papaya tablets (she took them every day to help avoid wool block) and this morning, she didn't rouse up for her morning loving.

Phoebe had the softest coat and the silkiest, warm ears. She loved being held and petted. She was the sweetest bunny. Phoebe even behaved for grooming. She loved hay! We'd put a handful in her cage, and she'd toss it into the air until she buried herself in it. She enjoyed a good carrot every once in a while, too, and it was especially nice if you'd be so kind as to hold it for her while she ate.

We will miss you, brown eyed bunny girl.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

So sorry about Phoebe!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I'm sorry to hear about Phoebe. What a beautiful girl.

Thanks for your words of encouragement-it helps more than you can imagine.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your special girl. She had a wonderful home and was well loved.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

RIP, bunbun.

9:03 PM  
Blogger aija said...

I'm sorry for your loss, she is beautiful.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh no, I am so sorry about Phoebe! I can't believe it. I'm glad I got to meet her once. She was a sweetie.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home