Friday, November 09, 2007

Disappointment

I finished up the Boogie Vest this week, and man, am I disappointed. First, when "they" say that bulky weight yarn looks bulk on bulky weight women, "they" are telling you the truth. Second, the neck shaping (or lack thereof) on this vest is not apparent in the photos provided in the pattern. The neck opening as written was much too wide, in my opinion. I ended up closing another 1 1/2 inches on either side of my vest. Third, and this is entirely my own fault, the yarn I chose sheds like crazy. I'd recommend that you stay clear of Bernat Alpaca unless you particularly like walking around looking as if you rolled in the dog's bed.

I don't have any photos of the lovely vest, but here's an idea of how it looks on me and what it reminds me of. Pretend the vests in the photo are not open on the front but pullovers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathy and Judy said...

Oh man, I just hate it when "they" are right! No pictures? ;-)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've been there too. The picture almost made my do a spit-take on my computer screen!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Not That Kat said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate when a project, even a quick knit, comes out so disappointing. Ditto on the spit-take comment.

1:43 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah, I had the same reaction as Hockey Mom. You are too funny! I'm sorry your vest didn't come out the way you'd hoped. =(

9:01 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Thank you, I won't even be tempted to knit it.

Whenever I try on swimsuits I check with one of my children to make sure I don't look like a dancing hippo. Their opinion is usually right.

Too bad you can't tell until the knitting is finished.
li

3:02 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Ouch! Been there done that. Hope you have better luck on the next one.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not fair that the bigger you are, the smaller the stitches should be. I mean, we already have to buy more yarn! I totally wasn't expecting that picture! :o)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home