Friday, November 02, 2007

Show Me the Goodies

I've finally found some time to take photos of my SAFF loot. I told you I'd been very good about not blowing the budget. I mainly bought fiber to spin.

All of my fiber came from a lady named Tina Evans who is in our spinning guild, the Peachtree Handspinner's Guild. Her fiber is heavenly!

This is a mix of Blue Faced Leicester, Cotswold, and Mohair. I got 8 ounces of this. The colors are black, green, and blue. They remind me of the Black Watch tartan colors. This picture isn't that great, because that mohair just wants to shine in the light! The color is much more rich in person.


Here's how it looks spun:


Next is another Blue Faced Leicester, Cotswold, and Mohair mix, this time in brighter colors of pink, orange, and deep lavendar. This must have been a popular color, because Tina only had 6 ounces left on Sunday, and I got it all.


Finally, here is some Cotswold, BFL, and sparkle mix. You can't really see the sparkle in the photo, but it is a coppery color that goes well with the brown and purple wool.


I did not buy any yarn at SAFF, but I did sneak out to Yarn Paradise to spend a gift certificate I've had since last Christmas. I ended up with 5 skeins of Malabrigo worsted weight. It was intended for a shrug pattern a bunch of us bought at SAFF (Susan's Shrug by Maggie's Rags), but the yarn seemed inappropriate for the pattern. Instead, I'm knitting the Ester shrug from Knitty. The knitting in this photo is not Ester. The yarn has since been frogged, balled, and knitted into the first few rows of Ester.


I don't have pictures of Daughter's stash. She really didn't get all that much either--primarily spinning fiber including a silk brick! I won't share photos of the two Christmas gift items I bought either, so you'll have to wait until December for those.

This weekend, I'll post photos of the most divine yarn bowl in the world and of some of the most divine people that I had the pleasure of meeting at SAFF.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donna. I saw your blog and you must live close to me. I'd love to meet people who knit and spin in the Townville, SC area. My email is buythelake@juno.com. Thank you. Linda

6:44 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

OOh pretty!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

love that mohair blend!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Nice fiber. The mohair is very lovely.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home