Monday, November 05, 2007

Look At All the SAFFy People

First, let's address the comments. (I don't have a fancy schmancy commenting system that lets me e-mail folks.) Bev, yes, that lace weight yarn at In Stitches is calling my name, too. So is that yummy silk with the beads (that isn't Tillie Tomas!).

Zonda, brilliant minds, dear! I was thinking that the Boogie vest could easily be worked in the round. I want to make another one, too, in a more fun color than charcoal!

Cristi, Cristi--me? Point a finger at you because of garter stitch hell? Never! ;) Actually, Donald has an inexpensive knitting machine, and we're thinking of whipping up a couple of jackets on that.

Next, on to new business. My Boogie vest is close to being done! I finished knitting the back and am about a quarter of the way done with the front. The chunky yarn combined with size 10 needles makes for a quick knit. My goal is to have this thing done in time to wear to Guild on Nov. 17.

I mentioned that I'd picked up The Knit Stitch this weekend. I don't know why I avoided this book for so long. There are a lot of neat patterns in it. Yes, you'll be in garter stitch hell to make any of them, but the results are pretty cool. I think I'm going to have to add The Purl Stitch to my collection, too. We have a new to us book shelf, so maybe there's room to slip in a couple of new books, eh?

Now, on to the SAFFy people:


Please, Mom, no more photos!


All smiles on Sunday, probably because she got a new sweatshirt.


Vera and I both had on socks made from Trekking XXL color 100!

More to come tomorrow.....Ravelry Meetup (Saturday) pictures!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Aren't our socks too cute? I'm knitting a treeking sock out of #108.

11:20 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Of all the sock yarns in all the colorways available, you each chose the same ones on the same day. Too cool.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Kathy and Judy said...

Looks like everyone had such a good time! I hate that I missed it!! Oh well, next year...like I seem to say every year, huh??

I agree with your comment that Noro is only joking about dye lots, and thank goodness for that. But you know, I am POSITIVE I got more than 9 skeins of silk garden from ebay several years ago, and I can't find the rest of it now. It's driving me crazy (not a long trip, unfortunately), but I guess not crazy enough to get out all my stash and sort through it.

Your daughter is so grown-up looking! When did our babies get to be teenagers, and why didn't we stop them??

4:08 PM  
Blogger bev said...

reading your posts about saff and seeing the pics definitely makes me want to go next year. i'm marking it on my calendar and will definitely be putting $$ back for the trip.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home