Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cranberry Jellyfish

Today, I present you with a delightful Thanksgiving recipe, Cranberry Jellyfish. Sounds yummy, huh? Actually, THIS is the Cranberry Jellyfish:



Lovely, isnt' it? This darned thing WILL NOT block flat. I cannot coax it into submission no matter what I try. At least it will still serve the purpose of keeping someone warm on a chilly day. All I've lost is my time. The yarn was cheap Woolease from my stash, and fortunately (unfortunately?) I have plenty more to try again.

The Jellyfish was supposed to be a gorgeous Hemlock Ring blanket, but that didn't quite work out. I've gone back to the drawing board (aka the Yahoo KAL group) and asked for advice in achieving a flat blanket. Last night, I started another Hemlock on size 10.5 US needles and will work the center doily portion on that size. When I get to the outer feather and fan portion, I'm going to switch to a size 13. We'll see how that works out. I'm using worsted weight again but perhaps the looser gauge will be the trick for a flat Hemlock...at least that's what the people on the group tell me.

To end this post on a positive note, take a look at Mo Buddy (aka Mocha) basking in the sunshine on Sunday:

He's actually a thin cat, but this photo makes his tummy look big. It's soft and tickle worthy, but he tends to get a little upset with that kind of treatment. He likes petting only under his own terms. Mocha really just likes for us to adore him and tell him how beautiful he is.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Cats really know how to kick back!

I think your Jellyfish is still pretty anyway. Maybe the Woolease is the problem why it won't block out? Acrylic doesn't block great.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I agree, it is a pretty color! Bummer it won't block flat, but I like your new name for it! :) Good luck with your new one!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see you at SAFF, either!! Getting SOOOO close. I love your countdown ticker.

Bill will probably talk Donald's ears off about bees. ;)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

The color is wonderful. You might want to try steaming it really hard. If it has a high acrylic content you can effectively "kill" the yarn to make it lie flat.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I have two scarves I knit recently that won't block for anything. They're cotton so I even tried to iron them with steam. No luck.
Li

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home