Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rah, Rah, Rah

I have no knitting photos to share today, so instead, here's a photo of my favorite pepster. The fall cheering season is done, unless the soccer team makes it to playoffs. The girls aren't practicing right now, and daughter is having terrible withdrawals from that. She finds it a bit weird to be coming home at normal end of school day rather than almost 3 hours later. Oh well, basketball cheer season is right around the corner.


Thanks for the compliments on Klaralund. Someone mentioned they'd like to make that sweater but couldn't bring themselves to buy the yarn. I felt the same way, but I was able to find a fairly good price on it at Wool Needlework. They have Silk Garden for $8.69 per ball which is about what I paid over a year ago. (Yes, the yarn was stashed for quite some time!) Even though the yarn seller is in Canada (on the west coast at that), my yarn arrived very quickly. I've seen photos of Klaralund made with other yarns as well, and they are very pretty.


I'm so enchanted by Klaralund that I want to make another sweater. Years ago, I stashed yarn for Fairly Easy Fair Isle from the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation book. I think that may be next up for me. The sweater is knit in bulky weight Lamb's Pride on rather large needles, if I remember correctly. Maybe I can get this done in time to wear it once or twice this winter. I'll be using the black and hot pink color combination pictured in the book. Those are colors I really like, so what need was there for individuality? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home