Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So, It Finally Comes to This

Yep. I've finally reached the all time low--crappy bathroom mirror photos. I've seen some semi-decent bathroom mirror photos, but this one certainly doesn't qualify. Without further discussion, I give you Klaralund in all her blurry glory:


There are no words to describe how much I love this sweater. It is soft; the colors are gorgeous; I fantasize about wearing it night and day even though the temperatures are still in the 90s here. I imagine that there will be another Klara in my life, perhaps a solid color one. Who knows.

I've also been working away on the Hemlock Ring Blanket. It's basically an old doily pattern from the 1940s with a feather and fan border and all knitted in worsted weight (or heavier) yarn. It's so easy and it works up quickly. I'm making my blanket in some cranberry colored Woolease that was tucked away in the stash. The blanket is intended for the sun room sofa, and the color along with the durability and washability of a mostly acrylic item suit that particular location. I'd love to make another blanket in something a bit more plush later on.

Christmas gift knitting has been sidetracked. I just don't feel like doing it. I'd really like to finish off my grandma's shawl, but as for everyone else, they likely will get store bought gifts. Oh well. Such is life.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Pretty pretty! I keep thinking I want to knit that, but I just can't make myself buy that yarn....

3:20 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looks really nice!! Hehe..I caved and bought 1 skein of yarn...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Yum!!! I can tell, blurry or not, it is fabulous!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Your Klarlund turn out very nice. Great colors.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Not That Kat said...

Looks great Donna! I look forward to seeing it in person.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Kalaralund so much, I went and bought the pattern book. I've had a bunch of Silk Garden stashed for a couple of years, the result of an ebay adventure, but didn't know what to do with it. Well and then too, I have lost 138 lbs so there is that much less knitting to do!! ;-) I haven't cast on for it yet, so there's no way I'll be wearing it to SAFF, but maybe for the next SAFF...

12:17 PM  
Blogger LeAnn said...

Beautiful yarn! Beautiful sweater! (blurry picture notwithstanding)
Thanks for sharing.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home