Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Moment She's Been Waiting For......

Yesterday was a big day as you can imagine--daughter was 15. It was a very emotional day for me. I can't believe my baby girl is so grown up. The highlight of the day was taking her to have her driver's permit exam. She was bouncing off the ceiling, but that's pretty much how she's been for the past two weeks just thinking about taking the exam. I watched her take the test (I was in the waiting room and the walls of the exam room are glass), and she danced after every correct answer. The test is on a computer, so there's instant feedback as to whether you get an answer right or not. The beaming smile when she walked out of the exam room was enough to tell me my worst fears had been realized--she passed. Wait....I thought that was my worst fear. My worst fear (to date!) was actually the drive home when daughter drove me. I swear there are fingernail marks in my car seat from my grabbing it in shear terror.

6 Comments:

Blogger Knit Witch said...

YAY!! Congrats! My son is 18 and I STILL hate riding with him!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! Congratulations, kiddo!

And you'll get used to it. I think my mom is finally comfortable with me driving. ;)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats E! That driving license thing is a BIG priviledge and a GREAT responsibility, but I know you're up to the challenge (besides you've got great parents to keep you between the lines!).

Donna- did I ever tell you about letting Sophie drive the Polaris in the pasture? Next time you see me look for the lump that's STILL on my forehead! I don't know what was worse, her slamming on the brakes and throwing me into the windshield, or her cackling peels of laughter over me clutching my head in agony. On the plus side, she does drive better now, and she is only 7, and you know she's a little odd... so surely you have nothing to worry about with E ;)

12:08 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Congrats E!

Shall we send you a glass of wine Donna? I mean you won't be driving!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats to E! I was more scared when DS went for his license, I didn't think he was ready..have fun now..um..really :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Congratulations! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Girl! (I'm so far behind)

My mom had to give up teaching me because she just couldn't handle the stress. My dad did a much better job. He at least laughed when I couldn't figure out how to release the clutch smoothly (in reverse, you really had to be there.)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home