Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stopping In for a Moment

Daughter had her wisdom teeth removed yesterday morning. She's doing surprisingly well, but I guess when one is doped up on pain pills, things go OK. I've been sticking to the every 4 hours pain med dosing because it's easier to keep pain at bay than to get rid of it once it really sets in. She's been able to eat soft things like jello, pudding, ice cream and soup without chunks, and I'm really working to get her to drink water. Daughter doesn't hydrate well enough in the best of times, and this is particularly concerning to me while she's recovering.

I've not been able to focus on anything too detailed so far as knitting or crocheting, so I've been working on small things. Today I finished a set of 4 crocheted coasters in dish cloth cotton, and I'm working on an amirigumi bee for daughter. The mascot of the art college she dreams of attending is the bee, so I thought this would be a cute little item for her. I bought the pattern from Mygurumi and highly recommend this seller. She's located in Germany. Her pattern is very well written. The seller e-mailed it to me and it was in my mail first thing this morning. We've exchanged a couple of e-mails, and she's so nice and willing to answer any questions about her patterns. All of her patterns are cute, and I'm tempted to buy the hermit crab and turtle patterns as well. Then there's the bunny, and the fairy doll, and the pigeon. I want them all! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Thanks for the update on Emily.
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Hope DD is continuing to do well and remember a lot of little things can add up to one big thing.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home