Friday, January 21, 2005

Bunny Love

I had all good intentions last night of finishing that slipper. Mr. Patrick Bunny had other ideas, though. He got himself plucked and then had a manicure and pedicure. Poor dear looked like a wet rat when husband finished plucking. Patrick still has this little tassle of hair that sort of hangs down on his forehead and makes him look like a rambunctious little boy. My nickname for him is Dennis the Menace.

I found this web site last night for Homestead Wools. You must read this site! The owners, Sandy and Jim Ryan, seem to have so much love for their animals! We ordered some pygora fiber from them for husband and some gorgeous dyed wool locks and some rainbow dyed cotswold for me. I see Sandy has already updated the web site and taken these dyed wools off, but do check out the rest of the gorgeous stuff for sale! I've been completely impressed with the customer service so far, and I feel sure that the fiber will be just as wonderful.

I am *this close* to being done with the knitting on the slippers. I have probably 5 more rows of the cuff to finish off, so hopefully that will happen tonight. The sewing together (which I don't enjoy) should be pretty quick, too.

Husband dyed some pencil roving last night. He's preparing for a spinning class he's teaching in Savannah in a couple of weeks. He's excited about this. It's his first time teaching on the wheel, unless you count his teaching me to spin!

Speaking of wheels, I've decided to sell the Louet S-10. It's in good shape (about 3 or 4 years old, I think; I bought it used), single treadle, and has a skein winder, lazy kate, and I believe 5 bobbins with it. I think we're going to try to sell locally first, and if that doesn't work, then we'll see what's next! We just don't need 5 wheels.

Anyone know of any good baby patterns to knit? I found out today that my boss is expecting, and I'd like to make her a baby sweater, hat, and booties. If you've got any good links to patterns or know any for purchase patterns that are outstanding, let me know! Baby is due in August, so I have some time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow - they surely have pretty stuff - and so reasonable for dyed wool. Thanks for the info.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Your blog is great. I checked out the store and it's a wonderful site to visit. I've got plenty of baby patterns. E-mail me.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Joeli said...

Hi Donna,

I was just going through my list of blogs and realized that I read your blog faithfully but just never comment. So I'm commenting!

I look forward to pictures of the slippers, I'm sure they're going to be fantastic.

~Joeli (akA redsoxfanforever)

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home