Thursday, February 03, 2005

Creative Knitting

Back in October I signed up on line for a sample issue of Creative Knitting. I'm still waiting for that sample! I was in Borders book store on Tuesday and saw that they carry this magazine. I gave it the flip through (an absolute must before plunking down $6 for a magazine, I think) and it passed with flying colors. There are at least 3 projects in the March issue of Creative Knitting that I'd make. Of course, it would be nice to finish some of those WIPs before moving on to something new.

I'm 2/3 of the way done with my Irish Hiking Scarf. I just attached the third and final skein of yarn tonight. The scarf is going to come out the 55 inches long that the patterns says it will even though I have 20 yards less yarn than the pattern recommends. I'm averaging about 18 1/2 inches of scarf per skein.

I got notification today that my Knitpicks order has shipped....minus 4 skeins of cranberry wool and the copy of Scarf Style that was my primary reason for placing the order. Boo Hiss! I love Knitpicks, so boo hiss to all those people who beat me to this book and yarn! I didn't realize how popular Scarf Sense is. I can't wait to get my copy, and hopefully the backorder won't be long. Meanwhile, I'll have to live vicariously through those lucky souls who already have their copies.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. This has been a darned long and stressful week. Daughter and I are on our own most of Saturday, and we intend to sit around in jammies and watch movies. I guess that means a grocery store and Blockbuster run would be in order tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Scarf Syle is one of the best craft books I have. Yes, it is a "Must Get."

6:44 AM  
Blogger Lesha said...

I signed up for a free copy of Creative Knitting too. I don't remember ever getting it. Hmmmm.

*Thanks for jogging my memory!*

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home